Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 156: Getting things Together

So, this post will be more of me putting things together than anything interesting here.

I've decided that for the rest of the semester I will have certain goals in my mind to make the best of my stay in Korea. They will help me put things in perspective and help me get control of my life.


  1. Study Korean diligently and properly, going over vocabulary and reviewing words I don't know from the textbook everyday for at least an hour - use listening practice dialogues for Integrated Intermediate Korean II
  2. Every Sunday create a list of sentences and examples I write down in my word notebooks for Korean
  3. Finish my CLS scholarships and look for opportunities outside of CLS, like Sogang's language program if i don't get in; Print out the application and give it a once over before sending it; this needs to be done pretty soon!
  4. See if I can audit a Japanese 102 class with Professor Kitamura so that I can continue learning Japanese back at William and Mary for the Spring semester
  5. E-mail the hello WM program to see how many times we can meet per evening to go over my Korean so I can continue learning it back at school
  6. Get in the good reigns of Ann Reed who I will make my Linguistics major advisor
  7. Be on top of my Linguistics game during the classes I'm here at Yonsei. I can't skip any more of those classes or I won't be getting a sufficient enough background to flesh out the classes I'm taking next semester
  8. During my free time I should be practicing making sentences with my Korean and practicing them out loud
  9. I'm currently taking the following classes right now: Intermediate Korean II, Introduction to Linguistics, Korean Grammar for International Learners, and Asia Extreme and Asian-American Cultural Politics. All of them are total bullshit except for Intro to Linguistics and Intermediate Korean II. I'm really glad to be in those classes.
  10. I'm going to go to the Seoul Lantern festival with my dad, perhaps go to the Costco which he wants to explore later on because he finds it interesting how different Costcos and grocery stores work around here (ask Henry Kwon if you don't know where the Costco is) I need to find more things to do when he gets here:
  11. I can only charge my phone on weekends, I just found that out. I need to charge my phone on Monday before dad comes on Thursday. I need to wear red and print out the airport map so I have a good idea of where I'm going. I also need to charge the extra T-money with around 10,000 won so he can get around.


On a really different note, the new Wonder Girls song "Be My Baby" is super addictive and I'm also becoming really fond of rookie group Double AA and their new song "Because I'm Crazy".

This post doesn't really make sense, but I typically don't anyways. But I guess life is like that... you can do what you want when you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment